Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Tortellini Alfredo in the Instant Pot

Marvin, especially, loved this!



Tortellini Alfredo in the Instant Pot
3 cups water (I used chicken broth)
2 tsp. salt
9 oz. fresh tortellini
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 Tbsp. butter (I think I will omit or cut down next time)
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 1/2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggian, grated (about 3/4 cup)  (I used shredded Parmesan)
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed (I served those on the side instead)
1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon

Place the water/broth, salt, and tortellini in the Instant Pot.  Put the lid on and set vent to Seal.  Cook on Manual High for 3 minutes.  Allow for Quick Release of pressure.  When pressure is fully released, open lid and press Cancel/Keep Warm.  Add the heavy cream, butter, pepper, cheese, and nutmeg and press Saute.  Bring to a boil, stirring to thicken the sauce.  Add bacon when sauce is thickened.  (Add peas with bacon if not serving them on the side.)

This was really good!  I am going to make it again using chicken breast tenders instead of the tortellini.  I will saute the chicken first then cook in 1 cup of broth.  The rest of the recipe will stay the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!