Monday, May 20, 2013

Crock Pot Sesame Chicken


This was good, but I think I like our other Sesame Chicken recipe a little better.  Still, I would have this again.



Crock Pot Sesame Chicken
1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp. dried onion
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. corn starch dissolved in 3 Tbsp. water
Sesame seeds

Put chicken into crock pot.  Combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil and garlic.  Pour over chicken.  Cook on low for about 3 hours or on high for about 1 1/2 hours (or just until chicken is cooked through).  

Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce.  Dissolve the corn starch in the water and pout into crock pot.  Stir to combine with sauce.  Replace lid and cook sauce on high for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.  Cut chicken into bite size pieces and return to crock pot.  Can leave chicken in and simmer on low or serve immediately.  Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!