We attended Brianna's band concert Thursday evening. Although the rain was threatening, they were able to go ahead and have the concert in the courtyard at the high school. I have to say that was really nice. It turned out to be a truly lovely evening.
Jeremy definitely had the most comfortable lawn chair at the concert!! :D
I was especially moved by the last song. It is tradition to play 'Old Scottish Melody' (Auld Lang Syne) as the final song, during which at one point only the seniors play their instruments. They then stand up at their places while the rest of the band carries on the tune. Then they quietly walk off the floor, leaving the band. Wow! I'm not even the Mama of any of them and I got choked up!! What a poignant moment!
 |
| Seniors standing before they leave the band. |
Some familiar faces in the band. :)
 |
| Aaron |
 |
| Adrian IS behind there!! |
 |
| Brianna |
 |
| Jackson, Brianna and Alaina |
 |
| Cody, Jackson, Brianna and Alaina |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!