We have a 'new' piano at our house! It is new to us, anyway. :)
For years I have been wanting a piano but could never quite convince myself to spend that kind of money. I had thought I would purchase one of the pianos that Truman sometimes sells near the end of a school year, but ironically, never could figure out when that sale took place. Earlier this spring I saw a high school friend of mine post on facebook about having a piano for sale. His family is moving out of the area and didn't want to have to move that piano another time. I took my sister, Julie, (our piano extraordinaire) over to take a look and she declared that is was in great shape and would be perfect for us. Yay!
Then I just had to figure out where on earth to PUT it! We settled on the dining room. Doesn't everyone put a piano in their dining room?? (don't answer that, please) As I told Marvin, we are already odd... this will just help confirm it. But, it is just about the only wall space we have left on the main floor, and I didn't want to try to move that piano to the basement or upstairs.
Last week, before we left for Oklahoma, we went to pick it up. I had several strong fellas to do the hard labor. They did a terrific job and got her moved safely into her new home. We have a piano tuner coming tomorrow and will be in business in time for the family reunion this summer!




Gorgeous! Trevor said yesterday (for the second time) that he wished for piano lessons. I was just looking up pianos on CraigsList. How exciting for you, Laura!!
ReplyDeleteI really AM excited about it! It is just right for us. It belonged to my friends Mom and they just don't use it themselves anymore. It hasn't been used much in the last several years, but is in good shape and looks nice. I am pretty happy about it!
ReplyDeleteDinner music! It's in the perfect spot.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new acquisition.
Great. We had a piano in our dining room for years. LOL Are you going to take lessons?
ReplyDeleteWe take our lessons in the dining room of our teacher's house. ;-) Not weird at all!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful! I love hearing about all these other pianos in dining rooms. Guess we aren't so weird after all? Well, in that way, anyway.... :D
ReplyDeleteOr at least you're in very good company. ::wink::
ReplyDeleteHa! :) I love it! :)
ReplyDelete