Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Big 5-0

Alicia gathered a few of us together last week to help Chris celebrate the 11th anniversary of her 39th birthday.  The inscription on the card I gave her tells the story... she doesn't seem to age; I just don't think she's really trying!   :)

Here is the birthday girl!



I have to say, though, that I am pretty sad at this point.  Chris and her lovely family will be heading to Panama at the end of the summer to live for at least a year.  Man, am I going to miss her!  We will definitely have a welcome home party for you, Chris!

Here are more photos from the celebration.  I have to tell a little backstory about Alicia's dress.  This was actually Chris's dress when she moved to MO from Florida.  She soon realized that it wasn't really a MO style and gave it to Alicia as a white elephant gift.  That was MANY years ago!  Alicia remembered that she had it somewhere in a box and dug it out to wear it in honor of Chris's birthday.  Too funny.  I know I have a photo (or two) of Alicia wearing it at other parties through the years.  That dress has quite a long history!  ;)

Chris with Alicia in 'the dress'.   :)

Michele, Lori, Susie, Jasmin and Chris

Laura, Chris and Alicia

Love this photo!  Captures her perfectly.   :)

Chris, Alicia and Michele

Alicia and Lori

Susie and Jasmin


1 comment:

  1. I love this post - friendship over a span of years....Good stuff. The dress is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!