Sunday, May 6, 2012

Random April Wrap Up

Wrapping up April (since we are already a full week into the month of May).   :)

I had the chance to attend "An Evening with Elizabeth Smart" along with friends.  We were able to go early and briefly meet Elizabeth before she shared her story on 'Overcoming Adversity'.  I truly was impressed with this young woman.  She was incredibly poised and eloquent in sharing her story of hope and encouragement.  She talked about her foundation and the important work they are doing.  I encourage you to check it out.



Once home from World Fest, we were faced with the challenge of putting the Jayco away in the barn.  If you remember the video from last winter, you will know why I refused to be a part of it.  Luckily, Jackson is young and confident.  Also luckily, he is competent.  :)  He handled it like a champ and I plan to let him for as long as he is willing.  




showin' a little leg...

two peas in a pod!!

Jonathan decided that a 90 degree day warranted pulling out the garden hose for a watery jump on the trampoline.  Who could argue with that?  :)




I got a new patio set since our old set was finished off by a windstorm.  (It didn't take much to finish it off... it was on its last legs a couple of years ago.)   Marvin and Jonathan graciously put it together for me and I hope to break it in with dinner outside this very week.





2 comments:

  1. Oooohhhhh....I love your patio set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying it, too. Just have to scrub a bit more to remove the darn sticker from the table top. Why do they use so much glue on those things!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!