Monday, May 28, 2012

Creamy Italian Chicken

One of Jonathan's favorite dishes in the whole world is Chicken Jerusalem.  The recipe as written is extremely high in fat and calories, though, so we don't make it that way very often anymore.  However, my dear friend Donna has her own version of that recipe and we have adopted it as our new favorite.  Recently, another friend reminded me of the dish on facebook and I realized I don't have the new version here on my recipe blog.  So, here is a new take on an old favorite... with less fat and calories per serving.



Creamy Italian Chicken
7 or 8 Schwans chicken breast filets
2 packages Good Seasons dry italian dressing mix
1/2 cup water
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 8oz. packages of light cream cheese

Cut chicken breasts into chunks and place in baking pan.  Mix the Good Seasons in a bowl with the water.  Stir in the soup and cream cheese.  Pour over the chicken breasts.  (you can wait to add the soup/cream cheese mixture until nearer the end of cooking time if you prefer.)  I like to shred the chicken after it is cooked to make it go even further.  That ensures that I can use 7 chicken breasts to get 8 servings.

This can be cooked in a crockpot, in a Pampered Chef stone combo or in a regular baking pan covered with foil.  Just adjust the cooking time for the method and it will work with any of them.  It is a very forgiving recipe.  I typically cook mine in the PC stone combo  at 375 degrees for about an hour and a half.  Serve over rice or pasta.  It is on a bed of whole wheat linguine in the photo above.

Nutritional Info
(using 7 chicken breast filets and light cream cheese)

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 344.0
  • Total Fat: 19.6 g
  • Cholesterol: 101.3 mg
  • Sodium: 1,858.3 mg
  • Total Carbs: 10.1 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
  • Protein: 26.7 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!