Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cake Mix Cookie Bars

These are super simple to make and taste quite wonderful.  I made a tray of these to take to a gathering recently.  (but I did leave a few at home for us to sample!)   :)

You can make this recipe using any kind of cake mix and any kind of chip.  I made one batch using a yellow cake mix, pecans and semi sweet chips.  For my second batch I used a devils food cake mix, walnuts and white chocolate chips.  I look forward to experimenting with this formula in many different ways.  The possibilities are endless!



Cake Mix Cookie Bars
1/2 cup butter (slightly softened)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used a bit less than this and will use even less in the future.  Probably no more than 1/4 cup)
1/3 cup water
1 egg
1 cake mix (for calorie info, I used a mix that was 170 cal/serving)
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips (or chips of your choice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Mix in water and egg, then stir in cake mix.  Finally, mix in nuts and chocolate chips.  Spread mixture into pan.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven.  Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Makes 20 cookie bars

(Nutritional note - the calorie count is about the same whether you use Splenda brown sugar or regular brown sugar.)


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 20
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 323.3
  • Total Fat: 17.6 g
  • Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
  • Sodium: 36.3 mg
  • Total Carbs: 41.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
  • Protein: 1.5 g


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!