Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve

December 24, 2020

Tonight Marvin, Jonathan and I gathered for the Christmas Eve service on Facebook.  It was lovely.  Again, I am so amazed at how our church has managed throughout this pandemic.  They have brought intimacy to the online format.  God has been so present in all of it.  What a lifeline.  So thankful and grateful for all the hard work and creativity shown by Scott, Jennifer and Lorri.  And Tony & Ben  deserve medals for their service week after week with piano playing and videoing.   








Well, it is Christmas Eve.  Quite a different one than we have ever had before.  But in the challenges there is beauty and hope.  So much hope.  I am ready to close out 2020 and have hope for 2021.  I want to live better and love more.  I want to focus on my family and my church and what really matters.  I want to let people and things that aren’t good go by me... not waste my time.  But I want to be more helpful to those who I can help... to those who need me.  I want to live as an image bearer of God.  Thank you, God, for 2020.  There is beauty in the ashes.  Joy in the hard.  So many lessons learned.  Let me not forget them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!