Saturday, February 17, 2018

Winter visitors at Willis Creek Ranch

The weather this winter has been a bit odd.  We had brutally cold temperatures for an extended period of time throughout the holidays.  We have had several bits of snow, but no blizzards or heavy coverings.  We have had a few instances of ice, but thankfully, nothing bad.  And, more than once, we have done that weird 50 degree temperature change in 48 hours that we seem to be known for.  I think the animals have been a bit confused (with good reason).  I saw my first robin in mid-January.  They didn't stay around long, but I saw more than one and heard from several others who also caught sight of them at that time. The geese have flown in, flown out, and returned again.  And we have seen 2 bald eagles fly over our house on multiple occasions.  In all the years that I have lived out on this property, this is the first year I remember seeing bald eagles here at Willis Creek Ranch.  As I type this we had snow this morning that covered the ground, but now it is sunny and warmer with a high of near 50.  :)  Below are a few photos of some winter visitors that I have spotted the last couple of weeks.


this herd of deer have been spotted along the roadway and in fields nearby


on this day we had about 20 geese land on our pond


they are all gone now

Updating this post to add this...  :D  Just for posterity.  :D  :D  :D



1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!