Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wind Symphony I concert

Shonda and I attended the recent Wind Symphony I concert at Ophelia Parrish Performance Hall.  This is the last semester ever for attending music events with Brianna participating as a student.  We don't intend to miss a single one!  I also enjoy seeing other 'kids' in Wind Symphony that we have a connection to... Jon, Noah, Ethan, and CJ specifically.  All of these kids are from KHS; Brianna, Ethan, and CJ graduated together.  It has been fun to follow all of them throughout their time at Truman.



Jon and Noah
Brianna

CJ

Ethan


Dr. Jay Bulen, on trombone, was a guest performer at this concert.


Noah, Jon, CJ, and Brianna all in one photo

KHS kids together again  :) 

Updated to add links to videos of the entire concert.

Blow It Up, Start Again - Jonathan Newman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVZNEiqpZk

Barber of Seville - Rossini/Singleton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVZNEiqpZk

Selections from Wicked - Schwartz/Bocook
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDjccXvS-HY

Fandango - Joseph Turrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV6pFI2QZhM

West Side Story - Leonard Bernstein - Arr. Duthoit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3Q25cPz7c



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!