Monday, February 19, 2018

Chicken Tortilla Soup (IP)

After Shonda and I sampled this chicken tortilla soup at the Fresh Thyme store in St. Louis, I knew I would be making it at home for the family.  It was sure yummy!  While I do believe you can use any salsa in place of Gringo George's salsa, I heartily recommend purchasing this brand if you can find it in a store near you.  http://www.gringogeorge.com

Gringo George's Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Instant Pot
Here is a link to his recipe.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Chicken Tortilla Soup (in the Instant Pot)
1 quart chicken broth
1 cup cooked chicken, cubed
1 jar of Gringo George's Black Bean and Corn Salsa
2 cups frozen corn
16 oz. Velveeta, cut into ½ inch pieces

Place the chicken broth, chicken, salsa, and frozen corn in the inner pot of the Instant Pot.  Cook on manual High for 5 minutes (if using cooked cubed chicken) or 8 minutes (if using raw cubed chicken).  Allow for 5 minute natural pressure release then release any remaining pressure.  Stir in the velveeta and  keep stirring until it is melted into the hot soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!