Monday, November 9, 2015

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole





I actually made this recipe using some leftover smoked turkey.  It was really tasty.  I will definitely make it using chicken as well.

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
6 oz. pkg. long grain and wild rice mix  (I used Uncle Ben's Chicken & Wild Rice)
1 medium onion, chopped  (about ½ cup)
1 stalk celery, chopped  (I used 3)
2 Tbsp. butter
10.5 oz. can condensed chicken with wild rice soup OR cream of chicken soup
½ cup sour cream  (can use plain greek yogurt instead)
⅓ cup chicken broth or white wine
½ tsp. dried basil  (I used 1 tsp. rosemary herb seasoning blend)
½ tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
⅓ cup Panko bread crumbs

Prepare rice according to package directions.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large skillet, sauté onion and celery in hot butter until tender.  Stir in soup, sour cream, broth, and seasonings.  Stir in cooked rice and chicken.  Transfer to an ungreased 2 quart baking dish.  Sprinkle with the mixture of Parmesan and Panko crumbs.  Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until heated through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!