Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Apple Crisp


I have another apple crisp recipe that I have used for years.  But, I had an abundance of apples the other night and didn't have all the ingredients for my 'regular' recipe.  I tried this one and we all really liked it.  It is almost a cross between and apple crisp and an apple pie because the bottom forms a crust of sorts.  I will definitely make this version again.

Apple Crisp
1 cup all purpose flour
¾ cup rolled oats
1 cup packed brown sugar (I didn't use this much)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon  (I used a cinnamon blend)
½ cup butter, softened
4 cups chopped apples
1 cup sugar (I didn't use this much)
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients.  Cut in butter until crumbly.  Press half of this mixture into a greased 2.5 quart baking dish or a 9 inch square baking pan.  Cover with chopped apples.  (I sprinkled a little lemon juice on my apples first.)

In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thick and clear.  Pour over apples.  Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.  

Bake 60-65 minutes or until apples are tender.  Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!