Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Coconut Rice and Black Eyed Peas

This recipe needed more flavor.  I am storing it here on the blog because I want to revisit it again - but will have to figure out how to give it more seasoning.  (thinking some onions, garlic and perhaps some garam masala?)  I really liked the idea of this recipe...

Note - since it didn't have a lot of flavor, I used it as sort of a rice pilaf.  Wouldn't have been the exact kind of rice pilaf I would have chosen, but it worked okay.



Coconut Rice and Black-eyed Peas
½ cup coconut milk
2 cups water
1 can black eyed peas (15.5 oz)
1 cup brown rice

In a saucepan, combine the coconut milk, water, and black-eyed peas.  Stir in the rice.  Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.  Simmer until rice has absorbed all of the liquid, about 40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!