Monday, September 5, 2022

Evening of September 3

September 3, 2022

Creating this post much later with no notes - just memory.  :)  But I do remember that we really enjoyed getting to have dinner with Zac at our house on this Saturday evening.  

Julie, Jonathan, Marvin, Jack, Zac

After dinner Zac chauffeured me and Julie downtown to the Durum to hear Brianna's group, the Lucky 7 Jazz quartet, play.  I took the below photo because it shows the water tower downtown missing the top part.  It was being dismantled and put out of use now that the newer water tower is installed just north of here.  Makes me a bit sad to not see this iconic water town downtown anymore... and makes me think about Daddy putting lights on it when ATSU repainted it the last time...  He had hoped to make the lights brighter than the Truman tower lights (which he had also instructed to happen when President of Truman).  Alas, they simply weren't able to make the lights of the ATSU tower brighter than the Truman tower lights.  Even though Daddy was at that time President at ATSU, we all had to admit that was 'as it should be'.  Truman will always be first in our hearts.  :)  



My wonderfully talented and lovely daughter-in-law.  :) 




It was a fun evening and we enjoyed sitting at a table with Jackson, Scott & Anne, and Debbie & Bob.  



Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well and dear Zac had to bring me home early.  But I was glad that Jackson got more video for me after I left.  :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!