Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Random April

Here are some random photos from the month of April.

Jonathan is finishing up high school chemistry with Grandpa Jack.  He will be taking college Chemistry at MACC in the fall (dual enrollment) - also with Grandpa Jack!  :)  Daddy has agreed to teach one semester (again) of Chemistry and encouraged Jonathan to sign up.  Below is a photo of Jonathan with his Molar Volume Cube that Grandpa assigned him to build to use in class.  This box is what 22.4 liters of gas at STP (Standard temperature and pressure) looks like.  In Grandpa's words... "This cube has a volume of 22.4 liters.  One mole of ideal gas molecules occupies a volume of 22.4 liters at standard temperature and pressure (STP).  One mole of anything is Avogadro's Number which is 6.022 times 10 to the 23rd power.  This is a powerful tool and when adding the concepts of Charles and Boyles Law, it makes it easy to calculate the densities of all ideal gases at any temperature and pressure.  Just remarkable!!"    

Jonathan with his Molar Volume Cube  :)

We sold our Bowflex Max Trainer to a friend.  I sure was glad the boys were able to load it up for us! That thing was heavy!


ready to deliver 

Shonda and I enjoyed a relaxing 'catch-up' breakfast together one Saturday morning.  It was a great time of visiting and we were both glad we were able to carve out that time to share.

yummy breakfast

We tease dear Susie about 'wardrobe malfunctions' all the time; including only wearing one earring periodically.  She fusses that we never notice quickly - it is always after we have been together that any of us figure it out.  :)  Well, it finally happened to Shonda!  After Bible study one evening she realized she only had on one earring.  And nope - none of us had noticed!  We took a picture to share with Susie.  :D

only one earring... discovered after Bible study

Matthew completed his capstone presentation and is now ready to graduate with his Bachelor's degree in Math and Physics.



I made a lot of bread for Easter communion.  The kitchen always smells so good when I bake bread.



I also made a lot of cookies for Easter dinner!  My guys were definitely happy with me that weekend!

Oatmeal Raisin, Chocolate Chip,
White Chocolate Raspberry, and Cranberry cookies


Shonda and I decided we needed a healthy smoothie after a walk one day.  We drove through Smoothie King and spotted this 'smoothie queen' ready to make our smoothies for us!  :D  You should definitely check them out - they were delicious!!



Alaina is ready to take your order at Smoothie King!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like April was a great month around your place. Your baking has my mouth watering as I read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!