Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It Ain't Pretty

Well… it surely isn't a pretty sight.  Remember all that weight I lost two years ago?  I did it by following that simple rule; Eat Less, Exercise More.  Guess what?  It doesn't work if you Eat More, Exercise Less.  This has been one long, hard winter and I have gained quite a few pounds back.  :(

I have no excuses, but I do know how it happened.  I let a few little pounds slip up on me last fall.  Then, going into the holidays I relaxed in the midst of all the busyness knowing that I would be able to deal with it come January (like I had before).  Well, January (and Feb. and March!) came and along with it came record setting cold temperatures and snow.  I can walk in 32 degrees but I sure don't like to walk in 5 degrees.  That is not an excuse, because other people made it work for them.  It is merely an explanation.  Add to the long, hard, cold winter (we still have snow on the ground as I type this and we are struggling to get sustained temps above freezing!!) the fact that I just started comfort eating… and you have a big ole problem.

However, there is a glimmer of hope.  The day before we left for Mississippi I felt the sunshine and was overcome with the urge to get out there and move!  I truly began to feel like my resolve was coming back.  Of course, first I went to the Mississippi gulf coast and ate my way across it, but…

I am now back home and hopeful that the sun is going to shine more often and the temperatures are going to rise (even somewhat!) and that I can and will get back out there.  I can DO THIS!  I have done it before.  I wish I hadn't let it go.  But, this will be a good lesson for me come next fall.  You cannot let pounds slip up on you with a 'plan' to tackle the problem after the holidays.  After the holidays you might be stuck in a polar vortex!!!!   :)

And yes, I am well aware that I can exercise indoors.  I hate that.  I am not good at maintaining that.  I lost all my weight before by walking outside and eating well.  That is how I will do it again.  Thankfully, I am not where I was a few years ago, so I plan to be back in good shape by June.

Again, my situation sure isn't pretty.  I am back to hating photos of myself.  I feel as lousy as I look.  But, thankfully, God still provides great beauty for me to gaze upon.  And within the warm images of a vibrant sunset, I can feel the hope of better days to come.


Now, THIS is pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!