Saturday, March 29, 2014

Friday to Friday

This last week of March has been filled to the brim with 4 doctor's appointments, 1 interview for a project, a quick trip to Columbia with my oldest, a ballet performance, finishing up paperwork for college in the fall (Jackson), ordering of graduation announcements (Wow…), walks with friends, a great Bible study gathering, visit to another college, lunch with dear ladies, and more!  What a great week!!

Last Friday I got to spend the better part of the day alone with Jackson as we traveled down to Columbia for a little warranty work on his car and a few other errands.  I know that these opportunities are limited and thoroughly enjoyed our time together.  It was also nice to have Jackson drive so I could just sit back and relax in the passenger seat.  That doesn't happen very often!  :)



He thinks he can block all my photos...

Ha!  Got one!!!  :)

The final Lyceum performance of the year was last Saturday.  None of my fellas were available to attend with me, so I invited Brenda, Melina, Megan and Jeff.  We were enthralled by the Minnesota Ballet's performance of A Midsummer Nights Dream.

Jeff and Megan

Melina, Laura and Brenda

Jackson and I finished up a lot of paperwork regarding college next fall and got his high school graduation announcements ordered.  What a momentous click of a mouse!




Monday morning we all had a chuckle when Jackson and Marvin unknowingly dressed alike for the day in their gray sweatshirt and black sweatpants.  (it was that kind of cold, dreary weather day)  When Jackson first saw his Dad he laughed and pointed out that they were truly twins - all his Dad needed was a pair of Converse.  To which Marvin replied that he used to HAVE a pair of Converse;  but the true basketball kind…. not the stylish kind.  ;)




Did I mention that Monday was a cold, dreary day?  Well, my heart sank when I pulled out of the garage to see snowflakes falling yet again!  You can't see them on this photo, but trust me… they were falling. Thankfully, they didn't stick around this time.



Tuesday afternoon Marvin was thrilled to hear the sound of a truck pulling in to the barn returning the tractor from having its annual tune up.  It is so cute the way he misses that tractor when it isn't here!  He mopes around waiting for its return so that he can get back out there.  He was sure happy to see it arrive back home!  :)








Thursday evening both boys headed to Columbia to meet up with Grandpa Jack for the evening.  There were storms and tornadoes popping down all over the area and they ended up driving right smack into the middle of a pretty intense line of storms.  Thankfully, the tornadoes stayed to the south and to the northwest of them, but they dealt with high winds, lots of rain & lightning, and hail.  I still can't believe that Jackson's car isn't damaged…





Friday morning Daddy took the boys to visit Linn State.  That was a truly happy surprise!  Jackson, especially, was beyond intrigued and may well end up attending there.  He came home so excited about the future… something I haven't seen in awhile.  New frontiers are on the horizon with Jonathan, as well.  Lots of thinking, praying and researching going on around here.  All good stuff…

President Claycomb, Daddy, Jackson and Jonathan at Linn State

I enjoyed my Friday by having lunch with Mama and "the two Betty's".   :D  Betty M. recently moved into a new place and she was kind enough to have us all over for lunch so that Betty J. could take a look around.  What a lovely time together!  Not only did we all get a tour of the place, we had a very enjoyable time visiting.

Betty M., Mama, and Betty J.

Betty M., Laura, and Betty J.

This video was actually taken a couple of weeks ago, but I am just now getting around to sharing it here.  Shonda and the kids were preparing to sing for their special church fellowship/meeting that evening and Jackson caught a bit of their practice on video.  I think they are ready to take it on the road!!!   (and you've gotta love Shonda's incredible multi-tasking ability!)   :)





1 comment:

  1. Jackson's graduation announcements are great! Good job. Hard to believe he's this age - isn't it? Looks like a busy week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!