I love this recipe, but none of my fellas will touch it. I made it the same night I made Baked Chicken that makes its own gravy so that they would all have their own food to eat. :) Then I took the cabbage roll casserole leftovers to Julie's house for family lunch after church where it found a few more ardent fans. :)
Cabbage Roll Casserole
1 - 2 pounds ground beef (I used about 1 ½ pounds)
½ large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
14 oz. can beef broth (may need to use 2 to offset the rice, check label for amt. of liquid needed)
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
Brown beef in large skillet. Drain off fat. In a large mixing bowl combine the onion, garlic, cabbage, rice, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add meat and mix together. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour beef broth over top and then bake in preheated oven, covered, for 1 hour. Stir; replace cover and bake for another 30 minutes. (You may want to sprinkle a little bit of shredded cheese over the top and then finish baking.)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!