Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Kale Soup (IP)

This soup is incredible!!!  We will make this over and over!



Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Kale Soup in the Instant Pot
about 1 pound chicken breasts, cut up  (I used leftover turkey)
3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
½ onion, chopped
3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
8-10 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
baby kale (one bag)
oregano and thyme to taste  (I used Pampered Chef Rosemary Herb seasoning)

Set Instant Pot to Saute.  Add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.  Add sweet potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery and saute for a minute, then add chicken and continue to saute until chicken is no longer pink.  Shut off Instant Pot.  Add the broth and seasonings to the pot.  Seal the lid and set vent to sealing.  Set on Manual High pressure for 8 minutes.  When it is finished, allow it to NPR (natural pressure release) for 10-15 minutes.  After NPR, release any remaining steam.  Open the Instant Pot and add the baby kale.  Close the lid and lock it.  Set it for 1 minute High pressure.  Do a quick release and serve.   (NOTE - I just added the baby kale and put the lid on for a minute - didn't cook.  The kale softened up perfectly without doing any more pressure.)

2 comments:

  1. Making this today! Thank you!!! (I picked it out from my phone in the middle of Walmart the other night - you saved me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad, Deb! It is such a yummy and comforting soup! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!