I am loving my Instant Pot. One of the primary benefits is the ability to cook 'real food' in a shorter amount of time. Most of my tried and true recipes are not necessarily better tasting in the Instant Pot (although it does something amazing to tough cuts of meat!!). However, on many nights when I can see no good way to get a hot meal put together in time for supper, the Instant Pot literally saves the day. It can be the only thing standing between me and a bowl of cereal for supper. :)
I saw this recipe for making spaghetti in the Instant Pot and thought I would give it a try. It is very good, but if you want regular spaghetti, you probably want to make it the old fashioned way. This is more like a spaghetti casserole. Tasty and quick. A great thing about this version is that it reheats very well and actually tastes better the 2nd day!
Brown 1 pound of ground beef on Saute until pink. Add in chopped onion and garlic and brown. I then added few teaspoons of Italian seasoning. Break spaghetti noodles in half (I used a little more than 1 full package - so about 16 oz) and lay the dry noodles on top of the ground beef. Pour a jar of sauce (about 24 oz) over the top of the noodles. Either fill that jar up with water or use a box of chicken broth and pour that over the top of the sauce. (I used a 32 oz box of chicken broth since I was using more noodles.) Do not stir. Put lid on and be sure pressure release valve is set to closed. Cook on Manual-High for 6 minutes. Let it NPR (Natural Pressure Release) for 10 minutes. Open lid and stir, then serve.
Note - I would add a bit more seasoning next time. And I think I might add some cottage cheese as a layer on top of the dry noodles next time - just to change it up a bit. The beauty of this recipe (and so many more) is that you have one pot cooking (easy clean up) and 'real food' fast!
*Updated to add this tip (below) that I found online... I especially like the rule of thumb to use manual high pressure for ½ the cooking time of whatever pasta you choose to use. Great way to remember!
Perfect for newbies--Pasta with meat sauce!
*Brown 1 lb ground beef on sauté mode
*Add 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
*Add 1 1/2 jars water
*Add 16 oz uncooked pasta (any style)
Manual high pressure for 1/2 of the cooking time listed on pasta package. Quick release. Sprinkle package of mozzarella and cover for a few minutes until cheese melts.
*Updated to add this tip (below) that I found online... I especially like the rule of thumb to use manual high pressure for ½ the cooking time of whatever pasta you choose to use. Great way to remember!
Perfect for newbies--Pasta with meat sauce!
*Brown 1 lb ground beef on sauté mode
*Add 1 (28 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
*Add 1 1/2 jars water
*Add 16 oz uncooked pasta (any style)
Manual high pressure for 1/2 of the cooking time listed on pasta package. Quick release. Sprinkle package of mozzarella and cover for a few minutes until cheese melts.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!