Friday, February 27, 2015

Wrapping up February

Well, I am just going to throw the rest of February (or at least the parts that have photos to go with them!) into one final random post.  We have been quiet here on the blog for most of this month.  There has been a lot going on and I just haven't been able to keep up here very well.  Will work to improve that moving forward.

I loved getting these two photos messaged from Alicia.  She was making Rojina's Nepalese cabbage for her family!  Doesn't it look yummy???




Alicia inspired me to go ahead and give it a try.  I cooked the full Nepalese meal for some dear girlfriends one evening.  Although they all said it was good and they enjoyed it, I could tell it wasn't quite as good as when Rojina makes it.  However, I was proud that I managed to get it all made and on the table!  Rojina even tasted it the next day and proclaimed that "I passed"!!  Whew!!  It made me nervous for her to taste it!  :)  Love that we can now incorporate these yummy recipes into our meals.

Elizabeth, Chris, Susie and Gwen at my Nepalese meal

I did it!!  I made the whole meal!
Note - you can find the recipes for all of these dishes on my Recipes page listed under Vegetarian.
They are so good!!

lunch at the lake after church - Brianna, Julie, Mama, Daddy, Jonathan,
Anna, Matthew, Marvin, Laura, Elizabeth (new friend), and Jackson

back during one of our snowstorms earlier in the month...
a cute little snowman at Julie's house



our driveway after one of the snowstorms earlier in February


These drifts looked like lion statues to me!  Like gargoyles on a library or something!  

drifts along the side our road after the road had been cleared

I wish I had taken photos at several other gatherings and events this month, but I just didn't.  We enjoyed the Lyceum production of the play The Great Gatsby.  I enjoyed coffee (which turned into a lunch date) with dear friends, and then another coffee and visiting afternoon with my friend, Karen.  Finally, I can't believe I didn't take my phone when I went to hear dear Brianna sing with Minor Detail for a fundraiser.  That was when I knew I was really becoming a photo/blog slacker.  :D  



2 comments:

  1. February's are the most hectic month of our year - every year! Yet every year the intensity of Feb surprises me. I'm thankful I didn't have to deal with lots of snow on the road this year.....though your casa is beautiful dressed in white. LOL I keep meaning to try some of Rojina's recipes. Must do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about February. Why does it sneak up on us year after year? :) And yes, Rojina's recipes are yummy! You actually live somewhere that might have some of the specialized spices the recipes call for. If you are unable to find whole fenugreek or a good garam masala, I would highly recommend ordering them from Spice House.

      http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/garam-masala-curry-mixture-whole-and-ground and http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/indian-fenugreek-seeds-whole-and-ground.

      Apparently, fenugreek is some new supplement craze but I would caution against using the supplement version in cooking. I doubt that is as fresh or tasty. I was pretty excited to get my order from The Spice House and thought they weren't too badly priced, especially for the quality.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!