Thursday, May 8, 2014

Prom 2014

Senior Prom.  What a big night.  And I have to say that Jackson and Brianna did it well.  They looked magnificent and had a wonderfully magical evening together.  Just as it should be.  (There are way too many photos in this post alone, but you can click here to see an entire album of photos - and in a larger size!)

We began the evening with a family dinner.  I am so thankful that these two kids like this 'tradition' and are not only satisfied, but happy so spend the prep time and meal time with their families before prom.  What an honor for us to have that time with them.  And what a treasure of memories for all of us.

Last year Brianna's family graciously hosted the meal, so this year we invited everyone over here.  Together we prepared a yummy meal of grilled hamburgers, potatoes, green beans (Amazing!  I will post Shonda's recipe soon, I promise!) and much more.  Then 'the kids' got ready for photos.  Jackson was somewhat overwhelmed when he got his first look at Brianna.  I can totally understand why.   :)

Jackson seeing Brianna for the first time...

he was overwhelmed!



And to go back to the very beginning… here is a photo that Jackson saw when he was a little boy.  It is a photo of Marvin escorting his lovely sister, Carolyn, years ago.  Jackson was struck by the white coat and black pants and has wanted to wear that combination ever since.  It worked out perfectly for him to wear that this year - it went with Brianna's dress so well.  Made it all just about perfect, I'd say!   :)

Marvin (14) and Carolyn (18?)

Then it was time to figure out how to fold the handkerchief.  You might recall that this has been an issue in the past!  Thankfully, this year the handkerchief was the same color on both sides so was much easier to fold.  Marvin and Jackson got it figured out with lightning speed.   :)




Jackson had taken special care to choose Brianna's corsage and it really paid off.  Sadly, last year her corsage wilted before Prom even began.  This year we went to a different shop and he helped create the design.  It was stunning!  It was all attached to a silver bracelet that matched her jewelry and the dress perfectly.  The addition of a subtle feather and the miniature roses was just lovely.





It still requires a crew to get that boutonniere on right!  

Then it was outside for photos!  We couldn't have asked for a better day.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the temperature was just right!  Grandma and Grandpa came up to see the couple and were blown away!  We took a lot of photos and I am so glad we did.  Although I know Jackson and Brianna got tired of squinting into the sun, they humored us so well for quite a long time.  I am grateful.  The photos are precious.






Shonda, Alaina, and Grandpa admiring the couple.   :)

Laura and Shonda - this is pretty much what we looked like all evening!  :)


Alaina, Brianna, and Cody



Love this - Jonathan, Jackson, and Cody

Jonathan, Cody, Jackson, Brianna, Alaina

Jeremy, Cody, Jackson, Brianna, Shonda, Alaina

Love this photo of Jackson with his Grandma Sue

Grandpa Jack, Brianna, Jackson, Grandma Sue

Jonathan, Marvin, Jackson, Brianna, Laura

Brianna was giving us a royal wave good-bye...

so cute - she even cracked herself up!

lovely couple

Soon they took off to the school in time for Grand March.  Shonda, Jonathan, Alaina and I followed and found seats to watch all the kids be presented before prom.  I love that time - seeing so many kids that we know and love.


Jackson spots us in the crowd

Trying to point us out to Brianna

She sees us!  :)

We managed to snag a few more photo ops after Grand March, then it was time to let them go on to the rest of the evening.  Shonda and I teased that we might just keep following them and recording all the moments.  :)  They didn't find it quite as funny as we did, I don't think.  :)  ha!

Jackson & Brianna with Paige & Tre

Love my boys...


Aaron, Jackson, Victor

Shannon, Aaron, Brianna, Jackson, Victor, Brooke


When I got home that evening I was working on editing photos.  About midnight (yes, I was still editing photos!) a Facebook post came through from Mrs. M., the choir teacher, who was chaperoning the dance.  It was simply captioned 'the last couple on the dance floor'.  I was thrilled to see that it was none other than Jackson and Brianna.  Not only do I LOVE the ambience of the photo, it made me so happy to see them out there, fully enjoying themselves and capturing even the final seconds of their evening together.  They truly love to dance and they made many memories that night.  Something they will always cherish.  Thanks again to Mrs. M. for perhaps my very favorite photo of all.   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!