Thursday, February 9, 2012

Red and Green Salad

I have no idea what this salad is called.  I call it Susan's Salad, but I call a lot of salads 'Susan's Salad'.  :)  So, for the sake of recipe organization, I came up with the feeble name you see in the title.  What say we just go with it, eh?   :)




This is so yummy... as I post this recipe my mouth is literally watering.

Fresh greens - whatever you like.  I use a combination of romaine and field greens.  (about 10 cups or so)
1 jar of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 jar hearts of palm, drained and chopped
1 jar of pimientos, drained
shredded parmesan cheese - about 1/2 cup
toasted pecans (optional, but oh so tasty!)
*Dorothy Lynch Homestyle dressing
freshly grated black pepper and sea salt

Mix all salad ingredients together, salt and pepper them, then toss with Dorothy Lynch dressing.  Who knew this dressing could be a 'secret ingredient'!

Some of you may not be able to get Dorothy Lynch salad dressing where you live.  If that is the case, you are looking for a lightly sweet french/poppy seed type of dressing.  The slightly sweet dressing pairs so well with the savory artichokes, hearts of palm and pimientos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!