Thursday, February 9, 2012

40 pounds...

I have been meaning to spend some time on this blog post, but I am beginning to think I had better just post the basics and move on!  I have an exciting announcement to make and I don't want to hold off any longer.  :)

I have now lost 40 pounds since September!!!  Wow.  Even to me that sounds like a lot.  I am 2/3 of the way to my goal.  I have June 1 set as the goal date for losing a total of 60 pounds.  I know I can do it.  Although, I do have to admit that at this point, while I am super happy with the way that I look compared to how I looked just 6 months ago, I am also realizing that the final 20 pounds will be a bit different challenge.  I am now aware of so many 'trouble spots' and the ways in which I am losing weight differently in different areas.  :)  What exercise targets the neck???  ha!!

Regardless, it sure does feel good.  Literally.  I plan to post again, perhaps next week, with more details about how I have lost the weight.  The short story is that I have been exercising more and eating less.  That old formula really is the key, isn't it?  :)  Sparkpeople.com has been an invaluable tool for me as well.   (If you join up there, be sure to friend me at LauraMom2Boys)

Here is a current photo, but I really don't like it.  Until today I didn't have any nice clothes that really fit me.  And now that I have some new clothes, I don't have time right now to take photos to post.  So, this will have to suffice for now.  But, I do think it is important to post the updated photo to show just how far I have come.  (I am really looking forward to June 1!)






Just to remember where I have come from... (ugh)  there I am just last spring (with a dear, dear group of friends!).   Boy, do I feel better now.








16 comments:

  1. Laura, I'm so proud of you! You look fabulous, and I haven't told you as often as I've thought it. (Shame on me.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you look fabulous! YAY, you!!!
    Laura in IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, you look wonderful. Hang in there-the last pounds are the most difficult. Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great, Laura. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all!! Your encouragement means so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm impressed by your hard work! I just started my own journey last week. It can seem daunting when you have to much to loose and it comes off slowly. Thank you for posting. Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it, Lisa! It is a slow and steady process. Good for you for starting with your first week. That is where it all begins!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go! Proud of you! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I mean, *WOW*!!! Check out that waist--those curves! I am almost inspired. . .lol (eat less and exercise, sigh, why can't there be a magic pill instead?!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed at your pace. I still have 20 lbs to go and need to make it happen...doing all I know to do....except going on one of the popular "diets" but my doc and husband are against that with my thyroid issues. LOL

    You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura, you are amazing! You are an inspiration to me and to all who know you - and not just in this instance, but in the passion and intensity of your determination to love others and serve those in need. It's the same will that we see being expressed here. I'm so proud of you, sis!
    Peace, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, Laura! Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura!!!! You look amazing!!! Wowee! This is so inspiring - thanks for sharing this with all of us. I made it to the gym once this week (first time in almost a year) and then spent the rest of the week achy and binge eating. LOL. I now have inspiration to try it again next week! Thank you, I hope you are feeling as wonderful as you look! Cheers to health!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Laura, YOU LOOK MAGNIFICENT AND YOU ARE MAGNIFICENT!! Thanks for giving me the encouragement I needed. I am on the way thanks to you. Everyone is impressed with your commitment and your ability to stay focused on a tremendous worthy goal. You look so good and you will enjoy life longer because of what you have done. All of us wish both good looks and long life for you!! Love, Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Laura, you're an inspiration - you're looking great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!