Whipped this up the other day because I had all the ingredients on hand. Tasted pretty good, although Marvin said I put too much corn in it. :) Will have this one again.
Beef Nacho Casserole
1 pound ground beef
1 1/2 cups chunky salsa (I used a jar of corn and black bean salsa)
1 can whole kernal corn (I used about 1/2 bag of frozen corn)
3/4 cup Miracle Whip (I used half sour cream and half Miracle Whip to make the 3/4 cup. Will probably change that to about 2/3 sour cream and 1/3 Miracle Whip ratio next time)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning (this wasn't called for in the recipe, I just added it)
1 teaspoon garlic (same as above...)
2 cups crushed tortilla chips (I think I used more than 2 cups and it came out too dry overall)
2 cups Colby cheese (I used shredded Mexican blend)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until fully browned. (I will add onion at this stage next time around.) Drain grease. Remove from heat and add to the beef the salsa, corn, mayo/sour cream and seasonings then stir to mix. In a 2 quart casserole dish layer the ground beef mixture, then the tortilla chips, then the cheese. Repeat for a second layer, ending with cheese on top.
Bake for 20 minutes uncovered in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and dish is thoroughly heated through.
(This photo is awful... sorry. Why do I feel compelled to add a photo even when it is bad? I simply don't know...)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!