Sunday, June 30, 2024

Peach Tomato Caprese Salad

This was one of the recipes Jennifer and I made while she was visiting.  

Peach Tomato Caprese Salad
8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
2 peaches, cut into wedges
3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced (we used cherry tomatoes, sliced)
Basil leaves
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. pesto
1 tsp. honey
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Balsamic glaze for drizzling on top of the salad  (I really like Bertolli balsamic glaze)

In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.  Taste for seasoning and adjust or set aside. 

On a large serving platter, arrange the slices of tomato, mozzarella, peaches and basil leaves.  Drizzle the pesto vinaigrette over the salad.  Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze or aged balsamic vinegar.   (we obviously just tossed it all in a bowl and stirred together.  It was still tasty!)  :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!