Jonathan turned 16 this week. It seems that every birthday and milestone gives me pause these days. I realize I sound terribly cliche and even a bit maudlin, but Wow, time flies. I do try to live in the present moment and soak everything in. I have always tried to do that. This blog is helpful, as well. With every year that passes, the ability to go back and see the mundane everyday happenings of our families past brings great joy. (It also reminds me that I need to keep trying to get the old
Archive blog completely rebuilt and fully online! That is quite a daunting task!)
To celebrate turning 16 Jonathan just wanted to have his buddies come hang out. They spent the evening (and into the overnight) eating pizza, playing video games, and going outside for a
Boffer war or two (or three). These fellas are great fun and very low maintenance. It wasn't until I was posting the photo below to this blog that I realized we hadn't even put the cushions out on the patio chairs for the guys. They didn't seem to mind! :D
 |
| You can see one of the Boffer 'weapons' laying on the table. |
We also went to Colton's Steakhouse for dinner the night of Jonathan's actual birthday. I was excited to let the server know it was his birthday so that he could have the Happy Birthday song sung to him and receive his free ice cream sundae. But Jonathan was not having any of that! To quote him... "I'm gonna go in, eat my steak, and get out. I can have free ice cream at home!" So, no ringing the cowbell or singing in public for Jonathan this year. ;) Just a lovely evening together celebrating HIM!
 |
| Jackson, Brianna, Jonathan, Marvin, Laura |
Then it was home to give him his birthday gift - a new Xbox controller that he had been wanting. All in all I'd say he had a perfect birthday celebration - exactly as he wanted. :)
Funny story... the day after his birthday we headed up to the driver's testing place so he could take his test. After psyching himself up and having one final pep talk in the parking lot, we walked inside. Only to discover that we were there on the 4th Tuesday of the month and they are only open on the 1st, 3rd, or 5th Tuesday! Whoops! So, we returned today (as they are open
every Friday) and he did indeed pass his driving test. This fella is now an officially licensed driver! :)
 |
| Jonathan and Marvin with the truck. :D |
 |
| wondering when I am ever going to stop taking photos!! (answer... never!) :D |
 |
| Zack dropped by, too. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!