![]() |
| How I served it... |
Man, this stuff is quick and tasty. It is a breeze to whip up for a quick lunch or dinner. The only problem is that my fellas aren't nearly as enthused as I am. I keep thinking 'baby steps'. :) They have come a long way with me over the course of this last year and I have hope that there is still more ground for them to cover. For the most part, they have transitioned well with my change in cooking methods and the loss of some of their favorite foods (like chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and cream gravy!).
So, for now, this delectable dish is just for me, but I'll keep trying!! :)
Cannellini Beans with Kale
2 Tbsp. olive oil (see note below about this....)
1 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. minced garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
1 can Bush's Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups Kale, cleaned, drained and chopped
1/2 Knorr Vegetable Bouillon cube (or 1 cup vegetable broth instead of the bouillon and water)
1 cup water
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Saute onion in olive oil on low heat until caramelized. (Note - I am now learning to saute using just water... no oil. Here is a link that tells more about this method.) Add garlic after onions are done and saute 1 minute. Turn heat up to medium high and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until kale is wilted and beans are heated through, stirring as needed.
I served this alongside my Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Uncle Ben's Chicken and Wild Rice. Actually, not just alongside, but all mixed together!! Even better!! :)
![]() |
| How I actually ate it! :) |
Nutritional Info
- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 182.0
- Total Fat: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 635.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.4 g
- Protein: 12.5 g


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!