Sunday, May 1, 2011

Jackson's Class Ring

I know that conventional wisdom says that you wait until your Junior year to get your high school class ring.... but Jackson really wanted to go ahead and get his so we did it.  And I am so happy that we did!  It turned out great!  This way he gets to have/wear it for the next three years.  As for sizing, he is probably pretty close to the size he will be and Jostens offers free ring resizing as part of the warranty (just in case).



I love the way he designed the ring with a Taekwon-do figure on one side and the words Black Belt above it.



On the other side he has a photography icon and his name above that.




The top of the ring has his initial embedded in his birthstone.



He is pretty happy about it - and so am I.    :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful ring, Laura (and Jackson!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really neat! When Ben sees it I'm sure he will want one, too. (I think it really might be too early for him, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Jackson - can't wait to see it.
    - Uncle Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Does it say Homeschool on it? Rachael has never mentioned wanting one and I've never really thought about it. I think I had mine for about a month in high school before Jeff & I traded! I wore his MUCH longer than I wore my own! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, you can design it any way you like. Jackson chose to put "Black Belt" and "Jackson" on each side and we put his full name inside the ring. You could easily put your school name on it. It does have his graduation year, 2014, on either side of the birthstone. We loved all the design options that Jostens provided.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!