Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

The week before Easter I got a really nasty ear infection and was put on some heavy duty antibiotics.  Pretty quickly I had a reaction to the antibiotic that was both frightening and debilitating.  Crazy stuff.  By Easter Sunday I was improving but was still unable to do much without just falling apart.  The boys went to church with Mom and Dad while Marvin stayed home to take care of me.  After church everyone met up at Julie's house and I managed to get myself over there.  I SO enjoyed being with everyone, but have to say that by the end of the afternoon I was down for the count.  Seriously down.  I am just now getting back to 'normal' and am grateful for it!

But it was a truly lovely spring day and the weather cooperated for all the kids activities which was very nice.  We were joined by the Matheney family and two friends from Truman.  After dinner Daddy hid the (color coded for each kid) eggs in the yard and the hunt was on!  Then Brenda had a 'task' that each kid had to complete in order to eat their candy.  THAT was pretty fun/ny!  Matthew had to sing the John Denver song, "Thank God I'm A Country Boy', Megan had to do a Tarzan yell, Jonathan had to do a Tarzan yell in reply, Melina had to do 'vogue' moves (but she ended up going another, more impressive route - see photos below), Jackson was supposed to play tennis while singing 'I'll Make a Man Out of You' (but he ended up going another route... impressive?  You decide!!) and Anna had to do the Bunny Hop (which turned into a group event.  Very fun.  Then it was time to color eggs for awhile followed by fishing in the pond.  A full day and the kids all had a great time.  We are certainly blessed with wonderful family and friends.  

Here are a bunch of pictures (very small versions).  If you want to see more photos in a larger size you can click here.  

Yum!







Can you see the pink egg on the fence?


Matthew singing

Megan doing her Tarzan yell

Marvin helping....  :)

Jonathan doing his Tarzan yell

Melina and Megan

There she goes....

Wow Melina!

Jackson doing Melina's 'vogue' moves....

Uhhhh.....

Where does he get this from???


Oh yes!  NOW I remember!!

the Bunny Hop!


Megan


3 comments:

  1. aww, wonderful!!! Looks like a great day, and haha, those tasks are brilliant, good job Mrs. Matheney!! :) love all the pictures, and glad you're feeling a bit better now Aunt Laura!! Love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were feeling puny, but it looks like otherwise it was a perfect day! I just love family get togethers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!