Wednesday, April 24, 2024

One Ingredient Caramel

No photo - just a recipe for the record.  :)

One Ingredient Caramel

1 can sweetened condensed milk
apple for dipping, optional

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  
Pour one can sweetened condensed milk into a casserole dish or pie plate.  Cover with foil.  Place in a larger pan and fill larger pan to ¾ inch with water.  (fill water as needed while baking - don't let it run dry)  Bake 60-90 minutes or until the condensed milk has reached a golden brown color.  Cool completely.  Ready to serve as caramel for your favorite recipe or as a topping or dip.  

If the caramel forms a thin crust on top, you can just use the caramel underneath it or use an immersion blender for a minute to mix it all back together well. 

You can also do this in the Instant Pot but I guess I am a bit leery of having the can go through all that cooking process then eating what is inside it?  Probably no difference either way, but I do like this oven method.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!