I am so far behind on this blog that I am lumping all of the 'Maverick in July' photos into one huge post. :) We so enjoy getting to spend time with Maverick and watching him grow. Just looking back now (late August) at these photos of him from July, I realize how very quickly he is growing. It is all going quite fast! :)
 |
| he still loves to look at books |
 |
| Lucky boy that Uncle Jonathan will pull him around in the wagon. :) |
Maverick was playing with his bristle blocks and decided his Dad really needed to taste one. :) Yup, this is Jackson's kid alright!
 |
| Happy day is eating blueberries with your uncle! |
Maverick was concentrating so hard on using the fork - and clearly getting a little aggravated. :) He would put food on the fork then take it off with his hands - but it was a good first step!
 |
| Who does Maverick see? :) |
 |
| GranGran! |
 |
| "Grandma... GranGran is wearing my hat again..." |
 |
| "I think I need to check this out a bit..." |
 |
| "It's okay, GranGran. I've decided you can wear it." :D |
We pulled this old table and chairs out of the basement. It belonged to Jackson and Jonathan when they were little guys. It cleaned up just fine! Maverick loves it.
 |
| "Hey Dad, you are pretty good at this game!" |
I've created several sensory bins for Maverick to play with this year. I can't wait to see how he grows with the bins. For starters there is a lot of scooping and transferring. And one happy detail is that his absolute favorite tool for any of the bins (or for anything else, actually) is that blue kitty litter scooper. :D He carries that everywhere! ha!
 |
| note - the kitty litter scooper was purchased new - NOT used. :) |
 |
| working hard with that tongue out... |
 |
| "Dad has his tool and I have mine... ready to work!" |
Headed down to the barn to see what Dad and Uncle Jonathan were up to...
Using the broken handle of the pail like a straw... but nothing was coming out of it. :)
Plus, the boy just loves straws. :)
 |
| :D |
 |
| "GranGran, Dad and Uncle Jonathan are playing with my toy cars and won't let me in!!" :D |
 |
| Jackson and Jonathan were DEFINITELY having more fun with those toy cars!! |
Maverick engrossed in the straw/bottle game again. He loves this activity!
And he always attempts to drink, too. :D
 |
| All that hard work needs a reward - a yummy smoothie does the trick! |
 |
| GranGran looks like he is waiting patiently for a sip... :D hahahaha! |
Okay, these photos cracked me up! Maverick looks like a real bubba home from work after a hard day. :D
Grabbing that remote control...
Whew! Hard day at the office!
There is just nothing better than a box to play in.
Another fun game - drop a popsicle stick down the paper towel tube on the wall. Sometimes we have the popcorn container underneath to catch them. Plus, he likes putting the popsicle sticks in the popcorn container - or taking them out again. Either way. :)
Maverick was eating a snack when GranGran walked in. Maverick started clicking, which is his way to call a horse. Then he pointed at GranGran's belt buckle - which has a horse on it (of course). :)
 |
| "Gee, GranGran... I'm tired of sitting here. Why can't we just go outside??" |
 |
| "The weather looks fine out there... " |
Oh... this is why. There was a crop duster spraying several neighbors fields - all around us. Grandma Laura put the kibosh on playing outside while that was going on. It was way too close and I didn't want Maverick out there in the fertilizer spray residue. But we were still able to watch from the front and back doors a bit. Maverick thought seeing the airplane was pretty cool!
Laura, he is adorable. I love tHe way he lights up when Marvin is around. YOU are a great grandma. I love all the games and activities you have created. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat special and precious times!! Love seeing all your sweet guys here, especially darling Maverick!
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cutie pie and definitely keeps us on our toes! :)
ReplyDelete