Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Kander event

Mama and Daddy hosted an event for Jason Kander shortly after we returned from the state fair.  It was supposed to be in their front yard, but the week of rains leading up to the date caused the ground to be too soggy for parking and standing.  So, at the last minute, they switched the location to the NEMO fairgrounds building.  It worked out perfectly.  And even though it didn't rain that afternoon, the humidity was awful, making us doubly glad to be inside with air conditioning!

Daddy asked Brianna to open the event with the Star Spangled Banner and she did an incredible job.  She also closed the event with a patriotic medley.  I smiled when I saw (through my camera as I was videoing her last song) Jason Kander himself pull his cell phone out and take a little video snippet of her singing.  (I saw it later on their campaign Twitter feed!)   :D   She is so incredibly talented and it just comes naturally to her.   (I am biased, but I am right!)   :D

We had a terrific turnout and all appreciated what Jason had to say about his goals and plans as our next US Senator.  I encourage all to look into his platform and record and consider casting your vote for Jason Kander for US Senate.  I don't say that lightly; I am truly impressed with him.


Brianna singing the National Anthem






Jason came over to thank her as she left the stage.  :)

This was a neat moment.  Daddy was emcee which meant he kept having to go up and down those stairs to introduce each person.  It was getting a little harder each time because of his hip so he decided to just stand up on the stage.  Out of the entire room (including all of Daddy's family members!!) only Jason Kander had the idea to just take a chair up on stage for Daddy to sit on!!  And he did it!  He is a thoughtful guy, indeed.  :)

Jason took that chair up for Daddy.  :D




great turnout





Daddy, Brianna, and Jackson

Jason Kander, Daddy, and Brianna

It was wonderful to have my cousin, Jane, and her friend, Christine, drive up from Lebanon to attend!

Christine, Daddy, and Jane

Christine, Jason, and Jane

Daddy with John B - a great guy!

my boys    :)

I'll add to this post that a couple weeks later Marvin was invited to join Jason Kander for a round table discussion on veterans issues.  That was an honor for Marvin and I was thrilled to be able to sit in on the discussion, as well.  Again, Jason impressed me greatly as someone who truly listened to each veteran (and their caregivers) around the table share their experiences, difficulties, and successes regarding 'coming home' and receiving medical care and benefits befitting our veterans.  For each person around the table he listened intently, clearly understood their points as he asked direct questions about what they shared, and then shared his own story of 'coming home' from Afghanistan.

A side funny about this day... I do believe this is the first time EVER that my Marvin has been one of THREE Marvins in the room!  Out of the 6 veterans in the room, THREE were named Marvin!  :D  ha!

James H, Marvin F, Marvin Mc, Jason, my Marvin, Jack W

He is in a tough race, but I think he has a good chance.  I don't usually post anything political, but I believe Jason Kander is absolutely the best choice for US Senate.


Links of Interest -
Full album of photos from the Kander event -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/williscreekranch/albums/72157674146954345

Meet Jason Kander - https://www.jasonkander.com/meet-jason/

Issues - https://www.jasonkander.com/issues/

Donate to Jason Kander campaign -
https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/kander-home





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!