Sunday, December 9, 2012

Finishing up November...

As usual, running way behind here but determined to not miss anything here on the 'online family scrapbook'.   I'll finish up November with a catch all post.  :)

We celebrated Marvin's birthday with a family dinner.  It couldn't quite compare to the wonderful celebration we had for him last year, but we enjoyed remembering that special evening once again.   :)  I think you can only REALLY surprise someone once, or maybe twice...  But we enjoyed a meal together with family and Marvin got his new belt buckle.  Another tradition!   :)





Jonathan has been building lots of things lately.  I am impressed with his ingenuity.  He is a very detail oriented guy and it shows in his workmanship.

this is so cool to see in person... it is a spring-loaded 'knife'.  (made entirely out of foam board)  He has that nail attached to a ring he wears over a finger, then he can pull the nail which causes the 'knife blade' to pop out.





yes, another weapon...
the clip is removable


he can make just about anything out of EVA foam and foam board.  


We enjoyed dinner with our friend, Steve.  He even got to see Jonathan's minecraft costume.



I had forgotten to mention that Jonathan participated in a dodgeball tournament way back at the beginning of the month.  Not sure that was really his forte, but he had a good time with a great team of fellas.





School is plugging along.  I am continually grateful that Daddy is teaching Jackson Chemistry this year (along with my brother via our online science 'co-op').  Not only is it a huge weight off of my shoulders, there simply isn't a better Chemistry teacher out there ANYWHERE!  Jackson is truly blessed by this and I believe Daddy is also enjoying his time with Jackson.




Grandpa gave him this shirt... chemistry humor...  ha!  In case you can't read it, it says
"for a good time call 602-1023 and ask for Avogadro"    
(6.02 x 1023 is Avogadro's number)

We have had some beautiful sunsets and foggy weather.




We are heading into a busy season - for everyone, I know.  I do so love this whole season from Thanksgiving right through the new year - and although it is crazy busy, I want to try to savor all the moments.  I don't know if that will mean I will keep up with the blog better over the next several weeks, or if I will just disappear again until January.  But, either way, I wish you all a beautiful, joy-filled holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!