Okay...
so I am finally going to put September to rest here on the blog. I have been 'behind' for so very, very long that I even feel a bit confused about what month I am in! :)
Jonathan has been working hard all month long on designing and building various costumes for the boys annual Halloween party. He is so creative and makes really cool stuff using paper, insulation, EVA foam and etc.
Jonathan has been working hard all month long on designing and building various costumes for the boys annual Halloween party. He is so creative and makes really cool stuff using paper, insulation, EVA foam and etc.
![]() |
| Jonathan with one of his weapon creations before the cut-out stage. :) |
![]() |
| holding painted EVA foam cut-outs he made that will serve as armor |
![]() |
| painting more pieces |
![]() |
| What Jonathan's chemistry class looks like... |
![]() |
| What Jackson's Chemistry class looks like... |
![]() |
| I am so thankful that my Daddy is working with Jackson on Chemistry this year. What a relief for me and what a blessing for Jackson (and, I think, for Daddy, too.) :) |
![]() |
| I spied Jackson out taking photos one evening and had to smile. |
![]() |
| I like this one... |
![]() |
| And he spotted me! :) |
![]() |
| One of the photos Jackson took that evening of Mac. |
![]() |
| This was a pretty incredible sunset. I spent a lot of time on the front porch just watching it. |
![]() |
| Ummmmm.... I think the shirt is appropriate? And I just don't even know what to say about all the rest of it. :) |
![]() |
| Showing off his throwing knives that he got at Silver Dollar City. :D |
![]() |
| Jonathan, my archer |
![]() |
| :) |
![]() |
| Jackson showing Marvin his throwing knives. |
![]() |
| My boy, stylin' (disclaimer - he gave me permission to post these goofy photos.) :D |
![]() |
| Marvin's turn |
![]() |
| my fellas with their weapons in the front yard :) |
Red Barn Festival is one of the highlights of September around here. It is an outdoor arts and crafts festival downtown and brings in artisans from around the state and the region. In addition, there are local dancers and musicians who perform. Megan and Melina were among those performers. Those girls are so multi-talented!
![]() |
| Megan performing at Red Barn Festival. |
![]() |
| And then Melina (on the left). Those girls are flexible!! |
![]() |
| Brenda and Matt |
![]() |
| Brenda, Mama, Laura and Julie |



























Great post, great pics! Your boys out doing their things definitely made me smile. Who doesn't love a boy in cowboy boots shooting arrows?
ReplyDelete:)
The cowboy boots I can do. The cowboy boots with the shorts?? :D ha! But, I do love all my goofy fellas.
ReplyDeleteLaura, it was fun to catch up with you. I love all the shots if your family fun.
ReplyDelete