Friday, September 7, 2012

Quick and Easy Cole Slaw Meals

Did I mention that it has been a 'quick meal' kind of month around here?  Well, here are a couple more recipes that are not necessarily pretty to look at, but they are certainly quick, easy and fairly good.  Not a ringing endorsement?  Try them on a frantic evening and you will grow to LOVE them!   :)  Ha!

Both of these meals begin with a bag of cole slaw mix.  How easy is THAT?





Quick Cabbage, Potato and Turkey Sausage Hash
1 bag cole slaw mix
3 cups cubed hash browns
3 or 4 green onions
turkey smoked sausage
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbsp. olive oil

Heat olive oil in skillet and add hash browns in a layer across bottom of pan.  Then pour the slaw mix over the top, then the smoked turkey sausage (be sure it is the pre-cooked kind or you will need to cook it beforehand).  Let cook without stirring until the hash browns brown - about 10 minutes or so.  Then stir the mixture and add sliced green onions.  Cook for a few minutes more until heated through.







Quick Stir Fry Slaw
1 bag cole slaw mix
1 to 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
stir fry seasonings of your choice - I used...
3 to 4 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. Teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce

Heat the sesame oil in a skillet then toss in the bag of cole slaw mix.  Add seasonings and stir fry for just a few minutes until slaw is crisp tender.  You can add Rotisserie Chicken to the stir fry or on the side (as pictured above).









1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I'm going to do this stir fry - what a great, quick idea. AND I am going to use it to quickly make yakisoba. LOL Thanks for the idea. I wonder why I didn't think of it sooner...with a bag of slaw ready to go you can do a quick vegan meal in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!