Sunday, August 26, 2012

Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes


LOVE this!  But, I love sweet potatoes and yams pretty much any way I can come up to make them.  This was a nice, yet slightly different way to prepare them that we all enjoyed.  




Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 pounds sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. honey
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl combine the olive oil, honey and lemon juice.  Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into chunks.  (I just cleaned them and cut out the eyes and 'rough' parts but left most of the skin on.)   Add the potatoes to the bowl and toss to coat.  Pour into 9 x 13 baking dish and sprinkle with the salt.  Bake, stirring occasionally, for about an hour or until potatoes are to desired doneness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!