Monday, January 19, 2015

Fudge Brownies

I believe this was the first recipe that I ever made by myself.  I don't remember how old I was, but I know I had to stand on a chair in order to reach the mixer.  :)  Once I learned how to make these I became the 'brownie queen' and made them constantly while growing up.  I can still almost make them in my sleep, the recipe is so familiar.  True comfort food - fudge brownies.



Fudge Brownies
1 cup butter or Butter flavored Crisco
6-8 Tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all purpose flour

Grease a 9x13 baking pan.  In large mixing bowl, add butter, cocoa, and sugar.  Beat lightly to blend.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat lightly just till blended.  (Don't over-beat or brownies will rise too high then fall.)  Stir in flour.  Spread batter in pan.  Bake in 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.  (Just watch them...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!