![]() |
| family church at Julie's house |
![]() |
| Susanna, Evan, Kerry, Rachel, Julie, Candace and Joe |
![]() |
| The Three Lassies singing 'Let's Make a Memory', accompanied by Jackson and Joe on guitar. |
![]() |
| Jackson and Hannah after they shared their original song, 'Tradition of Love'. |
![]() |
| Jackson, Candace, Julie, Joe (and Hannah) |
![]() |
| Joe |
![]() |
| Daddy presenting Deborah with 'honorary family membership'. :) |
![]() |
| Daddy and Deborah |
After church we had leftovers for lunch then a group headed off to Chris and Wanda's house for the fossil hunt hike. I am afraid that again, some of us oldies chickened out. The temps were well above 100 and the heat index was around 112. ugh. When I saw David's photos I instantly knew, however, that I had missed out. What a terrific time everyone had with Chris and Wanda! They are absolutely amazing and I am thankful that Chris shared his knowledge and stories about his fossil collection (all of which has been found on his property.) The fossils that have been found are from multiple eras in history, meaning that farm had to have been a location of camps, trading posts and more over many, many generations. Incredible stuff.
Thank you David, for sharing all the photos below.
![]() |
| looking through and listening to Chris talk about his vast fossil and artifact collection |
![]() |
| Evan and Parker |
![]() |
| Hannah, Anna, Stephen, Susanna, Rachel and Jonathan |
![]() |
| Evan, Parker, Rachel and Chris |
![]() |
| out on the fossil hunt |
![]() |
| Anna found an arrowhead |
![]() |
| sorting through their finds |
![]() |
| Anna, Hannah, Jonathan and Evan |
On a funny note, Chris's dog really liked Anna. I mean, he REALLY liked Anna! Apparently, it got pretty hysterical - and pretty apparent that he had truly fallen in love with her. :D ha!
![]() |
| Anna and her new buddy. :) |
![]() |
| dusting off the dog hair... |
What a beautiful place and what wonderful people. Thank you SO much to Chris and Wanda for your generous opening of your home and your hearts.
![]() |
| wonderful Chris!! |
![]() |
| Evan and Chris |
Sunday night we ate MORE leftovers, but had to laugh that, even so, none of us had to eat the same thing we had before. We had ordered the smoked turkey and pulled pork from Westerns, and had also made a ham, so along with all the sides we could eat three separate meals and never have the same thing twice. I have about decided I should just cater our weekly meals from Westerns. I mean, they even deliver! :D
We said goodbyes to some of the family, but happily, several were able to stay a while longer. We like to do reunions BIG time around here. :)
Here is a link to an entire album of photos.
Below are links to a LOT of video clips from family church. I won't embed them here because there are sooooo many. But here are brief descriptions of each of them with direct links to the video.
The Three Lassies singing 'Praise to the Lord, the Almighty'.
https://vimeo.com/45731698
Candace and Joe singing 'Mansion Over the Hilltop'.
https://vimeo.com/45732627
Magruder Reunion 2012 - Family Church (snippets from our family church service)
https://vimeo.com/45733548
Julie playing 'Unclouded Day' (one of my very favorites!)
'Lily of the Valley'
https://vimeo.com/45736067
Julie playing 'Come Thou Fount' (it gets lively around 2:12!) Also, a full version is first in the clip, followed by snippets that Jackson recorded at the same time.
Joe sings 'There is a Happy Land' - a sacred song from the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Beautiful!
https://vimeo.com/45738059
'Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb?'
https://vimeo.com/45760546
Julie's stirring version of 'It Is Well With My Soul'
https://vimeo.com/45740818
'How Great Thou Art'
https://vimeo.com/45736064
'Amazing Grace'
https://vimeo.com/45736065
Hannah and Jackson's original song called 'Tradition of Love'
https://vimeo.com/45760549
'Let's Make a Memory'
https://vimeo.com/45760547




























No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!